Friday, July 2, 2010

Weird Facts about the people in Upward Bound.


For this news letter I was asked to get weird facts about ISU and of the people in upward bound. It was extremely hard to find weird facts about ISU. One of our tutor mentors, Abel Ortiz, kindly informed me that the pillars were donated by a funeral home. That’s pretty weird. Now here are some weird facts about some of the students in the Upward Bound program.

I went around asking students what they thought was weird about themselves. When I asked them, most people didn’t know what to say. No one wants to point out what they think is weird about themselves. So they had to think for a minute. What they came up with was Cindy Torres can’t sleep with socks on. Hailey Fluckiger can speak Korean. She learned it when she was in Taekwondo Brandon Mingo has a fear of heights. Fabian Flores is a guy that does not like to fish. Jared Dawson will accept any nick name from any one, like people have called him JJ, fat boy, and pimp daddy. So if you want to call him any name in the book, go for it! Carlos Molina has a phobia of other people’s blood. “I don’t mind my own blood, it is other people’s that bothers me,” he said. Everyone has something weird about themselves. Your weird fact might not be weird to you but think about it. Ask yourself, “What is one weird fact about me?”

By: Jasmine Emery


No comments:

Post a Comment